Video: How to Connect a level Line to your Tenkara Rod
In my last post, I wrote about how to choose a tenkara fly line. Many people had questions about how to attach a level line to their Tenkara fly rods so I thought it would be helpful to post a quick video on it so here it is. I hope this helps:
If you’re not using level lines, here is a video on how to connect a traditional furled Tenkara line to your rod.
About Jason Klass
Jason is an avid fly angler and backpacker. As a former fly fishing guide originally from Western New York, he moved to Colorado and became an early adopter of tenkara which perfectly suited the small, high altitude streams and lakes there. He has not fished a Western-style fly rod for trout since.
- Does Tenkara Line Visibility Matter?
- Tenkara Line Length
- Titanium Tenkara Line
- Tenkara Techniques: The Downstream Twitch
- Tenkara Level Line Conversion Chart
- Oki Sakasa Kebari
- How to Reduce Arm Fatigue When Casting
- Yamatoyo Tenkara Level Line
- A Simple System for Marking & Identifying Tenkara Level Lines
- Floating Tenkara Line by Rigs