How to Remove Line Twist in Tenkara Level Lines
Some rod manufacturers may cringe at me suggesting this tip to remove line twist when you’re winding your line on to the spool for fear of broken rod tips. But I have been using this technique for over two years and have never broken a rod. You just have to take the same care you normally do with any tenkara rod tip.
About Jason Klass
Jason is an avid fly angler and backpacker. As a former fly fishing guide originally from Western New York, he moved to Colorado and became an early adopter of tenkara which perfectly suited the small, high altitude streams and lakes there. He has not fished a Western-style fly rod for trout since.
- Does Tenkara Line Visibility Matter?
- Why I don’t Support My Local Fly Shop
- Tenkara Line Length
- Win a Full Box of Tenkara Flies!
- Titanium Tenkara Line
- Tenkara Techniques: The Downstream Twitch
- Tenkara Level Line Conversion Chart
- Traditional Bamboo Tenkara Line Holder
- Attractor Flies: Imitators in Disguise
- Bamboo Fly Boxes from Tenkara Fly Shop